Some assembly required

This blog is about unimplemented ideas. At least until they get ticked off; I suppose a few eventually will have implementations too, but fresh posts never will. Because that's the primary purpose of this blog: keeping track of ideas I'd like to dive into, or problems I'd like to see solved. Feel free to join me in implementing, or further developing these ideas. I don't mind working solo, but it's a whole lot more fun working in concert!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

external link

Add Blogger calendar date format options

My Blogger calendar doesn't allow for any other date formatting options than beautiful ISO YYYY-MM-DD dates (mostly since I wrote it for my own blog, and only coincidentally also wrote a tutorial on how to use it in your own).

Yes, I admit to also subconsciously, maybe even consciously, whoop at the thought of spreading the use of a date format that is not susceptible to misinterpretation, such as two-digit years, and the horrible DD/MM and MM/DD formats used by Britons and Americans, or Americans and Britons. Or whomever else use whichever of those formats, for that matter; they are Evil! Begone! (Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!)

A bit later on, I actually wrote up a rather ambitious date parsing routine for another (more benevolent) article I wrote, on how to add previous and next date links to Blogger blogs, which would be able to serve the same purpose in a future Calendar article, if I wrote one.

Maybe I should start by making myself more easily susceptible to reader bribery.

« Home